I for one know why many or most of us wait for one particular day to express thanks. Perhaps it is like the Jewish tradition of waiting for one particular day to express an apology. It’s efficient.
I don’t know about you, but I am too busy thrusting myself ahead on the corporate ladder and stabbing my coworkers in the back to stop even for a minute. And then give thanks? Lets be real here.
I also have a family. Do you realize just how much time and energy is required to ignore them properly?
But since the rest of the free world is doing it, I guess I can take a few seconds out of my otherwise busy schedule and do it too.
1. I am thankful for underwear that has a waistband that does not roll down, digging into my soft underbelly and leaving a chafe.
2. I am thankful for people who ask nothing of me, which is why that slightly creepy agoraphobe who lives on the corner may just be my favorite person EVER.
3. I am thankful for Katy Perry and that little button on the remote that mutes the TV when one of her videos comes on.
4. I am thankful for all the politicians who put the common good above personal gain and partisan ideology (just seeing if you REALLY are reading these).
5. I am thankful for “good family, good friends” and the rest of that commercial that prattles on about them for what seems to be an eternity.
6. I am thankful for my favorite sports teams, who prove to me EVERY DAY that I am not the biggest underachiever I know. SEE, MOM?
7. I am thankful for a blogging platform where a list of 7 things would be considered a sufficiently complete posting by both of my readers.
Happy Thanksgiving, you two!